Your Priorities ARE Important!
I must re-post this July goal year after year, after year! Because if you don’t put yourself or your priorities first . . . no one else will! Some may not like it or comprehend it, but in order to move yourself forward and grow mentally . . . it is a necessity!
Priority Number One – Put God First!
Putting this priority first will help with all other priorities. Okay! Well, you ask … How?
- Daily Prayers (supplications) – Be humble to your Creator.
- Obligatory Prayers – Recite prayers based on your faith or religion.
- Fixed Requirements and Holy Days – Perform the necessary actions of your faith or religion.
Prayer and supplication are the very water of life. They are the cause of existence, the refining of the soul, and attainment to the utmost of joy. Know that in every word and movement in prayer . . . there are allusions, mysteries, and a wisdom that we are unable to comprehend.
Priority Number Two – Love Yourself!!
Without this priority, no other priority matters! Okay! Well, you ask . . . How?
- Believe in yourself – If you don’t believe in you . . . who else will?
- Never stop learning and seeking the truth – NEVER!!!!
- Check your belief system from time to time – you can’t always be right!
- Take care of important things to you – health, family, friends, nature, income, future, etc.
Always remember that worldly attachments and vain desires impede the soul’s closeness to God. Don’t be surprised when things are not the way you expect. All things, whether good or bad, are ordained by God.
Priority Number Three – Repeat Priorities One and Two!!!
This priority will help you to remember your top two priorities! Without this priority, you may mistakenly make someone else’s priorities your priority without noticing!