I am re-posting from February of last year as it is still so relevant this year, asking the question, what characteristics make up your power? If you read this last year, thank you for continuing to follow W.H.A.T.!™. If this is your first time . . . enjoy!
This month’s positive affirmation is about the characteristics that make up your powers. There will be times in life when outside forces can bring no help. It will be all up to you! Below are some resources within yourself to use or tap into to become even more powerful than you are today!
- Self-Love – Without love of self, it will be impossible to love others … and God for creating you. You have to see the beauty within yourself in order to appreciate all beauty.
- Self-Confidence – You must maintain belief and trust in yourself in whatever you chose to do. You must also reassure others that you can do it.
- Self Awareness – You must let go of all pride and ego. You have to “check” yourself on a regular basis. This includes your health, your attitude, and finances, etc.
- Self-Improvement – This should be a continuous process until you leave this earth . . . enough said!
- Self-Esteem –Unless you value and respect yourself . . . no one else will. Know your self-worth, and know that no one can take that from you. Your appearance and attitude will also play an important role.
A most praiseworthy characteristic of those who walk humbly is their willingness to learn and a positive attitude! Try to free yourself of self-imposed limitations in opportunities to acquire insight and knowledge. And constantly strive to develop qualities that will help your powers become increasingly effective!
January’s positive affirmation is about preparing and putting into action the things you would like to accomplish for the coming year by goal setting. In order to do that, you have to plan and act accordingly hour by hour, day by day, week by week, and month by month. Sounds impossible, I know, but when you procrastinate . . . another year is gone by! The purpose of February’s positive affirmation is for you to truly look deeper inside yourself and your daily thought process in order to carry out those goals.
We are all blessed with skills and abilities that lie dormant because of life, work, family, or health conflicts! Or worse, you are given your skills away for pennies on the dollar, you are under appreciated, under valued, and over worked! Maybe, your skills are “paying the bills” . . . (for now). But life is everyday and how you make it through each day should matter.
Your skills and abilities are the ingredients of your individuality. And whether you repeat that skill every day or once in a while it is practice. But always remember that, “practice does not make perfect . . . practice is just preparing you to do better in that skill!” So if you got the skills bake that bread, run that marathon, sell those products, start that garden, sing that song, play that instrument, open that business, mentor those students, start that class, write that book, climb that mountain . . . whatever!
The time is now to start waking up every morning “feeling blessed and less stressed” and tap into those dormant skills you haven’t used in a while, enhance each skill, or develop new ones. Make each day productive to you . . . and remember it is one hour, one day, one week, or one month closer to your goal!
WHAT characteristics make up your powers?
Love God with all of your mind, heart, soul and strength. Know that power comes from God. Ask God to show you how you can serve others using your powers and step back and watch opportunities appear.
Spend time in prayer. Prayer is the key to your powers. Use your keys to open doors and discover new treasures. Use your third eye to look beyond the surface to the deeper person inside you.
The third eye is your connection to God as well. The third eye is not blinded by falsehood, seeks the truth, is not of this world, and perfects hearts.