Let’s Get Deep!
God is known by many names. God is known by many hearts. God is known through many beliefs, faiths and religions.
- Abrahamic Religions – El (God): The word El comes from a root word meaning—might, strength, power.
- Judaism– A name of God used often is Elohim. A word that indicates both masculine and feminine essences, yet in a singular identity.
- Christianity– Refer to God as the ‘Alpha and Omega‘, the beginning and the end… literally and figuratively.
- Islam– Allah is the most used name of God. It is an Arabic word meaning “The God”.
- Mormonism– God’s name is Elohim and Jesus name in his pre-incarnate state was Jehovah.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses– Use the name Jehovah for God the Father.
- Bahá’í Faith– Refer to God by various titles and attributes, such as Almighty, All-Powerful, All-Wise, Incomparable, Gracious, Helper, All-Glorious, and Omniscient.
- Sikhism– There are multiple names for God.
- Zoroastrianism– Has 101 names of God.
God is known by humans who come in all forms, shapes and sizes from all over the earth. They speak many languages or communicate by other means. God’s message came through many messengers and prophets. Each brought the same Word of God . . . in a different language, to a different people, in a different place, and in a different period of time.
But God is The One and the same! The One we must all give thanks! There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.