Make Your Money Last Longer
With the summer months approaching, the pressure is on. Money being spent for graduations, weddings, baby showers, summer camp, vacations, etc. Those with children have to keep them entertained because they are out of school. If you have students in college, they are coming home to eat up your food.
Some are not as fortunate, as storms or natural disasters have or will take everything from them. They have to overcome the devastation and relocate or rebuild. There are children that the summer brings pressure because they will be hungry without the school breakfast and lunch each day. As well as those employees in education, who don’t make the same income during the summer months.
No matter your situation, here are a few tips to help make your money stay a little longer in your pocket, under your mattress, or in your bank:
- Don’t pay the retail price for anything . . . PLEASE!!!- see May 6th post below “Are You Paying Retail? Really!
- Some movie theaters have summer deals. Certain days and times are free or at a very low-cost. If you work at a company that have discounted tickets, take advantage . . . if not, then go during the matinée hours, it cost about the same.
- If you are travelling this summer, be flexible and leave on a day that is cheaper than the day you WANT to leave. If driving, make sure your vehicle has the oil changed, tires checked, etc. It cost more when you are stuck on the road.
- Some luxury hotels have summer deals for great prices. You will be able to enjoy the amenities without paying for it.
- If you are staying at home, make sure you get the air conditioning, swamp cooler, or fan checked now before it gets too hot. If you call for service, the prices are much higher and the staff limited.
- If you are fortunate enough to donate . . .please do! There are many causes out there that will appreciate the time, the item, or the money given.
In these instances, you can look like the HERO and make your money last longer at the same time. Do YOU have examples? Please do share!
- Are You Paying Retail? REALLY! (womenhelpingaffirmthemselves.wordpress.com)